I wanted to take you through my daily beauty prep routine; both day and night.
We’ll start with my nighttime rituals because to me how I take care of my face at night determines how good it will look the next morning.
Remember with all of these steps to make sure you don’t rub your face hard and
use smaller circular motions!
- Step one – remove all makeupThe best way I found to do this is with BMakeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil – trust me I have tried everything from wipes to olive oil and this stuff is awesome! It’s the only makeup remover I will buy.
- Step three – was away the gunk
- I haven’t found a holy grail face wash, so let me know what you use! Right now I am switching between l and Purifying Cleansing Ge. Honestly I’m not in love with either. The purifying gel strips my skin and I’m always left with little bumps but I Anti-Aging Cleansing Gelthink it would work better for someone with oily skin. The Peter Roth cleansing gel makes my skin baby soft and gets rid of the little bumps but has given more breakouts, the painful deep kind. Besides the breakouts my skin is my glowy than ever. It would probably work better for someone with a little be drier skin than mine
- Step two – exfoliation
- Most people will pay a pretty penny for a good exfoliation but guess what-the best one is homemade from things you have in your kitchen! Just mix 3 parts sugar to 1 part lemon juice and if you need more exfoliation add some epsom salt. Yes, it does create a sugar syrup eventually, especially if you keep it in your shower like I do, but just drain it with your hand every now and then. I’m telling you, it would have to be priest blessed holy water exfoliation cream for me to stray from my homemade recipe. The sugar isn’t as drying as salt and some other scrubs and the lemon is a natural brightener!
- Step four – pat dry face with a clean towel that isn’t too rough
- Step five – apply a moisturizer
- Right now I
am using Neutrogena
Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion. Its good, not amazing like it claims to be. Honestl
y, I bought it because it was $6 at Wal-Mart one day! (lol) It’s good in the fact because it doesn’t make my face peel or dry out. Is it helping breakouts…eh I don’t know. I’m not going to repurchase and will be trying new things!
- Right now I
- The eye cream I’ve been using is sampler I got from Sehpora and OMG if I could afford the real thing I would I love it!!!! Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Take a breather from all these steps an enjoy a little tune by my soul sister TSwift.
Ok, so on to morning routine
- Step one – light exfoliation with the lemon sugar scrub, or if you want to go on the lighter rout skip this step and add a wash cloth to the next step
- Step two – use a light face wash with cool water again I’ve been going back and fourth between l and Purifying Cleansing Ge and not loving either but hey you already know their pros and cons so you use what you like! Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
- Step three – light towel dry. Leave your skin a little damp to rub your lotion in as well as eye cream
- Step four – let the lotions sink in for a good minute or so and then use a primer
- THE BEST PRIMER is and I have the sampler. Sadly, its way too pricey to me so when I run out I will not be buying a real package. Veil Mineral Primer
- Step five – live yo life sista friend! Do your makeup or go bare face! Whatever makes you happy!
My routines are almost ever-changing because I’m always trying new things and now that I have shown ya’ll the basics I can fill you in on new things I try! Till next time! XOXO